Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simpson Hanger Choice 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CEGG

Structural
Apr 27, 2005
US
I have a 12:12 roof pitch, 11 7/8" TJI 210 roof joist framing into a (2) 1 3/4" LVL valley beam. The Simpson hanger would need to be skewed 45 degrees and sloping 45 degrees, but the tables I am looking at only have a downsloping option for sloped conditions. Are there any with upsloping conditions?

Does that make sense?

Pray like everything depends on God
Work like everything depends on you.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Before giving advise about a problem that I don't have all the information to, I would recommend you either calling your lumberyard, TJ rep. in your area, or Simpson Strong-tie.

TJ website: (they recently changed names, again...)

Simpson website:
The catalog does not have everything Simpson manufacture. They also custom build hangers for your specific needs if required.

In addition to the info you have already given, they will also need to know the end reactions (both directions) and the depth of the LVL, and maybe a little more.

You may be able to use LSU hangers, page 82 of Simpson's 2006 catalog.

You need to follow Whodapookie's advice. Aslo Simpson should be able to do a custom of what you are asking for. On projects I've been involved with, I've used custom hangers sloped down 45 & skewed 45. I've used valley hangers skewed 45 and sloped up 39.

I appreciate the response. I did contact Simpson and they are indeed very helpful.

Pray like everything depends on God
Work like everything depends on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back