Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simulate a flowing and heating process in Rsview32

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgris

Mechanical
Apr 26, 2009
US
Hi,

I am working on a project that requires me to simulate a process in RSview32. The process is basically a boiler. Where water flows into the boilers tank and shows a flow rate numerically and the water level as it fills. Then the water is heated and the temperature is shown as it rises by a elevating thermometer. Last, the flow out of tank will be displayed numerically.

I was wondering if any one knows how I can simulate this process with out actual devices? I am using RSLogix 5000, Rsview32, Rsemulate and Rslinx. I already have a screen for my HMI, but I am stuck at the simulation stage. Any help would be appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Throw a slider tool somewhere on the page with the same tag as your display output. During simulation mode, use the slider to change values and watch it work. When you are satisfied, go back in and delete the slider tool.

You could easily alias your tag (in the PLC) temporarily to a counter or timer accumulated value to see the graphics respond. To test the system (PLC, HMI), why not hook up a signal generator (4-20mA, 0-10V or what ever the real world signal is going to be) to the input of the PLC and watch the value in the plc and the graphic(s) on the HMI change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back