Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simulation automation signal software

Status
Not open for further replies.

dominio

Industrial
Jul 6, 2001
PT
Hi,
Simulation automation signal software
any one knows any software for this purpose.
Thanks
Fernando

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Can explain what exactly you need? Simulation purposes only? Offline programming???

I work for a robotic software company, and our software might be able to help you out.

Robotic Arc Welding

2 softwares i am familiar with can actually give you both; simulation and offline programming capability. My experience with this type of Offline programming is that you need to invest a certain amount of time, to be able to use it successfully. Courses are available.

In 99% off all my Robotic applications, i did not find a use for it in programming. Since, their wiil allways be some descrepancy in the program path when you download it into to the actual Robotic Controller. So if your talking, numerous program points where a robot can actually run for several hrs on 1 part; you will have to touch allot of programming points. This will be very time consuming. Why not do it right the first time. Program in real time, 1 time.

Robotic Offline Programming could possibly be advantageous in such applications:

(1) Offline Programming to develop the roughing program, if you cannot afford to shut-down your Robotic System for manual programming.

(2)Robotic Operating Envelope R&D - reach studies and development of robotic gantry systems in relation to your part. This is also a good tool for Sales People.

Software Search:

"DNEB Robotic Offline Programming"

and/or

"MOTOMAN Robotics"

I'm not an engineer. I teach three classes of High School robotics. I would like to add robotic simulation software to our curriculum. We use German Fischertechnik kits with Function block assembly programming. What do you recommend as a good software High School students could understand? Several students have had C++ and many of their parents work for a Toyota assembly plant.
Thanks for any advice,
Chuck Feathers

I think Toyota uses allot of ABB Robotics. Check with ABB to see if they have any software available; or look at DENEB Offline Robotic Programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back