Status
Not open for further replies.

HN150

Civil/Environmental
Feb 22, 2024
JP
Hello everyone. First time here.
null_hd2xhx.png

I want to simulate the setup shown in the figure. There is a rigid mass roller rolling over a flexible plate. Both ends are fixed. The plate has a crack in the middle. Here is the thing that I want to simulate:
The roller will be rolling end to end passing over the crack. I want to see how the crack will propagate after 10 rolls or 100 rolls. How do I achieve this? I want to simulate in dynamic/explicit solver. I have tried the XFEM crack but it doesn't support explicit solver.

I have I have explained the problem. I will add more in the comments if I missed something.

I'm using ABAQUS.

Thank you.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Crack analyses are usually performed using Abaqus/Standard where you can also model e.g. their propagation due to low-cycle fatigue. However, there are some possibilities in Abaqus/Explicit too. First, check the documentation chapter "Crack Propagation Analysis", paragraph "Defining and Activating Crack Propagation in Abaqus/Explicit". Another way would be to use the progressive damage and failure capability but it could require more advanced, user-defined damage criteria in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back