Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simulation problem flux2D:

Status
Not open for further replies.

rioken

Electrical
Feb 16, 2017
DZ

Hello everyone.
I encountered a problem in my simulation by the software flux2D and I could not find a solution.
I made a simulation of a conductive plate which moves between two permanent elements to see the currents induced on this plate.
After the realization of the geometry, the automatic mallaige and the physical part. Thus verifying each part successfully. Even the verification of all the project also is successful.
The execution lasted after 30 seconds of calculation.
A message appears and tells me:
Not respecting a volume. Please check volume 4;
REMUSHING of Mechanical assembly Impossible at current time step.
Remushing ofMechanical assembly Impossible at the previous time step.
DDVPPN -> Coordinates of node 5376 is not equal to coordinates of point 49.
DDVPPN -> Failed.PBCEVL_3 -> FailedFL5RE4 -> Command not executed correctly
See attached file

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=b029adda-373a-4d8c-925d-3089c31d14ed&file=Nouvea.FLU.rar
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Cannot see the attached file for some reason! How does the conductive plate remove in the magnetic field? If the plate is so small that the whole plate moves within the magnetic field, no eddy current will be induced, regardless that the plate still cuts the flux.

Hello MagBen, thank you very much on your suite, I inserted a file of type rar, which contains my work simulation, on the software flux2D cedrat, which did not work.
You can consult the pdf file that contains the simulation device.
If you like, you can tell me the shape of the currents induced on the plate (the plate has the shape of a parallelepiped).
There is a displacement of the plate along the y-axis of a Cartesian coordinate system. (Will the induced currents take the form of the loops in the plane perpendicular to the y-axis).
Again I attached simulation file
A big thank you MagBen
Sans_titre_rnva7l.png

There will be two eddy current loops, both are in the Y-plane, perpendicular to the B field. The current in two loops will be in the opposite direction

I am not sure what is not clear to you.
Let's get to the basic: The induced eddy current will against the change of magnetic field. In x-y plane, when the plate moves from left to right, the right portion of plate under the right edge of magnet will "see" magnetic field decreasing, which will induce eddy current counter clockwise (view from the top) to generate a B field with the same direction of permanent magnet. The left portion of the plate under the left edge of magnet will induce eddy current clockwise to generate a B field with the opposite direction of magnet, because this portion of plate "see" field increasing.

Ok well I understood this, thank you very much ^ _ ^. Else, for me, since we have a massive volume of conductor, when it moves in the direction of the y-axis, we will have zero currents in the y-axis, that is to say we will have the components Jx and Jz. Only the law of E = the velocity Vy vector B, of which current J = sigma * E, is applied. (Hence J = sigma * (Vy ^ B) = Jx + Jz, the index ^ is the rotational) so that the currents will form square loops on the xz planes of the volume (neglecting the skin effect) On the plane xy it remains for us that the component Jx and on the plane yz also remains the component Jz.
Finally: we will see loops of currents concentrated on the y-axis.
I do not know is that this is just because I found in the PDF file that I attached the existence of the component Jy despite the motion is along the y axis?
Can you explain this? And the validity of the law of J = sig * (Vy ^ B)
I am still grateful
My deepest greetings?

I draw your attention that the fields produced by the permanent magnets are in the three direction not only on the direction of Z.
greetings

No, the current will be in x-y plane, Z axis current is negligible.

If your conductive plate is made of copper or aluminum, not a steel or other soft magnetic material, you may ignore the B field in X- or y-axis.

thanks again; The conductor is aluminum (a good electrical conductor). (* Why neglects the component of z?)
So that at the end we have the component of x on account of the motion along the y-axis.
The conductor is thick (its dimensions 50 * 140 * 10 mm3).
And also the skin effect was neglected because of the movement at low speed.
thank you again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back