Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Simulator for TI 4000 series ICs

Status
Not open for further replies.

cupid_stunt

Electrical
May 30, 2021
US
I'm a tinkerer and I'm building a few control systems using TI 4000 series ICs because I have thousands of them, ADCs, DAC, 555 timers, and clock crystals.
I'd say my designs are application specific analogs.
I'd like to be able to simulate my circuits before I spend all the time building them.
Is there a free or very low cost software solution that specifically has the components I mentioned?

I've read about several simulators but have not been able to find the 4000 series ICs yet.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Considering 4000 series chips began coming out 50+ years ago and have been superseded in most cases with newer logic types, you're probably going to be hamstrung a bit from a sim model capability. You could try TI's free PSpice LTsim, but I don't think they supply models for those chips.

Dan - Owner
Footwell%20Animation%20Tiny.gif

LTSpice is a decent freeware simulator, and a quick google of LTSpice and 4000 brings up some libraries people have made for it that include 4000 series components.

So far I'm using Circuitverse.
I'm just doing logic to begin with. Then, I'll make models of each chip so I can map out how to map the real wiring. Then I can test the power on another simulator.

I also downloaded PSpice for TI and I'm working on learning how to use it.

I'll share some of my projects as they start to come off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back