Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simulink - electrical appliances and consumption 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siemonsin

Electrical
Feb 6, 2013
Hi,

i would like to ask you for idea or how to define (using Simulink blocks) an electrical appliances with their own power, and energy consumption in time. This block should be possible to switch on and off.

If anybody knows an example of something similary, please leave a link.

At the moment i have define it with R block, then i calculate his power (kW) and multiply it with time in hours, but this is not good way.

Thank you very much.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Do you want to define a appliance with constant power, constant current or constant impedance? and what time can it off or on? please clarify your problem.

Thank you for your replay.
I am not sure which option would suit me the most. Can you explain me the main defferences?

For example i define 2 appliances in one circuit with AC power. Than i need to check their consumption of energy in time..for example in simulation can be only one appliance powered ON and after 5 second can be the second one power on too.

Simulation time should be 1 minute where the appliances can power on and off randomly and save their consumption to output file every 5 or 10 seconds or so.

If you can recommend me an examples or ebook or something else what should help me, i will be very thankful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back