Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIMULTANEOUS APPLICATION OF TIME VARYING AND CONSTANT LOADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

brc01

Mechanical
Jan 28, 2002
IN
I am doing nonlinear static analysis of elbows to find limit load under internal pressure and a moment .I want to keep internal pressure in the elbow constant and vary the moment applied at the end(applied by equal and opposite pressures)with time,in steps , from zero to some specified value.
If I apply both the moment and internal pressure as CONSTANT values and then give time step control in the Solution Control,both the pressure and moment vary with time which is not intended.I tried to keep pressure constant by specifying same constant values at initial time and final time in the Tabular method of applying loads but it gave wrong results,like large deformation of the model(modelled with SHELL181)at very small load itself.
How to keep one load(internal pressure here)constant and vary the other load in ANSYS Nonlinear analysis?Any help?Sorry if I sound dumb but I am new to ANSYS.

Thank you in advance
brc01

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back