Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sine wave generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPJ

Computer
Feb 26, 2001
GB
Help

I Need to produce a good quality variable sine wave of 20V
between 25kHz 150KHz can anyone help

Many thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Could you please give the specs? What are the design parameters ? Target quantity ? ( How important is cost, size, power, etc )
<nbucska@pcperipherals.com>

hi
It's very easy to generate sine wave.
here are some examples for you:
you can use
VCO ICs (voltage control oscillators)
or some oscillator using FETs(Field Effect Transistors) such as piers oscillator etc...
another alternative is using function generator ICs
like XR2206 or MAX038 you can generate sine wave,triangle wave and square wave with these ICs.
another simple way to generate sine wave is using 555
IC timer to generate square wave and the using an integrator to change square wave form to something like sine wave but this method will not make a good shape sine wave but it's very simple
for newer oscillator ICs you can go to national semicondutor's web site and type your search word as &quot;sine wave oscillator&quot;.
if you still can not make a sine wave generator you can contact me directly by this email address.
kasra_ravanbakhsh@hotmail.com
i'll help you to make that!!!

hi dpj
sin wave generator? go with jbartos hit the home pages of say national semiconductors or any of the major chip makers. They all make (well nearly all) voltage controlled oscillators (VCOs). They should have typical circuits, if there isn't anything on screen send them an e mail and they will gladly put technical data sheets your way.
I reckon for a couple of dollars you should be able to put to gether a nifty little cct.

Let us know how it goes
Regards
Don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back