Singapore Registered Inspector for ASME Section 1 Boiler Fabracation 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jovizhu

Electrical
Oct 31, 2009
CN
Dear all,
As a boiler pressure part manufacturer, we are quoting a boiler for Singapore recently. The boiler shall be fabricated in accordance with ASME Sect. 1 and applicable Singapore law/regulation.

Our direct customer(a Japanese engineering company) is asking us to include the 3rd party inspection as required by Singapore law into our scope. They mentioned "Singapore Registered Inspector".

The detailed contract specification and related Singapore law/regulation are not available at the moment. Now we need to know what the "Singapore Registered Inspector" stands for.

From the Internet I found a description of "Registered Inspector" and its Application Form.(See attached). It's registered under a "Fire Safety Act" other than a welding inspection standard/code/regulation. It doesn't seems to be the one we need but we can't exclude its possibility since we know nothing about Singapore law/regulation.

We telephoned SGS and told them the story. They said that they could provide a 3rd party inspection service with their inspectors authorized by Singaporean Ministry Of Manpower (MOM)to conduct fabrication survey of pressure system for use in Singapore. This sounds like the right one but we don't literally see the words "Singapore Registered Inspector".

A quick confirmation of this may help us win this project. Does anyone know anything about the Singapore law/regulation related to pressure system? Which of the above two is the suitable one? Highly appreciate any advice.

Thanks in advance.

JZ

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

jovishu,
I believe that there is a level of language barrier with your customer, preventing an agreement on who could be the third party inspection authority. The Ministry of Manpower in Singapore provides a list of approved inspection agencies able to provide boiler design and fabrication inspection. For example, Lloyds can perform these services and have their registered office in Singapore also. Try to limit the number of block letters in the expression 'Singapore registered inspector' and you'll see immediately the difference.
Cheers,
gr2vessels

Thank you so much Gr2vessel.
Agree with you and we will try to get the customer's clarification of whether they want the MOM authorized inspector. I found a list of approved 3rd inspection agency(oversea)on MOM website. To my surprise, our AI (employed by Hartford Steam Boiler)is also a MOM authorized inspector. Things are geting easier.

Thanks again for you reply.

Regards,
JZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back