Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Single electric motor engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocupe

Student
Aug 25, 2022
PE
Hi guys, im currently looking at the engineering of a single electric motor engine used as the one in the following article: on the next picture: I dont have idea of how they secure the entry of water from the sea. I've looking how hydraulic cylinders work and what they use for separation of liquid, so i know about the existence of dynamic o-rings or gasket but i dont know how todesing it for this specific purpose. Maybe someone have some input that wanna share for me?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

@Rocupe Anyone here ever connect an electric motor to an engine? I could use some help. The motor is an AC-35 and I want to couple it to an engine. I don't have access to a CNC machine or even a decent machine shop here where I live. Is there anyone who might be able to help have one built? I have a running VW engine or I can purchase a much more fuel efficient engine if needed. Anyone have an engine to donate? Prefer a diesel if you have one to use bio or veggie oil to operate. I have a welder for building frame work and mounts.

For Rocupe's propulsion problem I suggest magnets for propeller drive. For the steering swing seals, those can be higher than waterline. Those pod boats are pretty high from water.

For ships those are azimuth thrusters. (if you want google those)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back