Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Single Loop Controller with Off/Force/PID control

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvpieper

Electrical
Sep 27, 2002
US
I am in need of a panel-mount single loop controller (SLC) that can have its "mode" set by 2 digital inputs (DI1 & DI2).

For example...
When DI1 AND DI2 are true, then output = FORCE to ##ma.
When DI1 true AND DI2 false, then output = PID control.
When DI1 AND DI2 are false, then output = OFF (or <4ma).

I have been told that I can only do one DI, therefore OFF would have to power down the SLC. OR I could remotely change the setpoints , but it would still be in PID control.

I would prefer a controller less than ~$500, therefore no mini-PLC's.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There were several manufacturers in the late 1980s that had advance features. Foxboro had the vanilla 760 and the advanced 761.

We have a few Yokogawa YS170 controllers that may meet your requirements. Contact your Yokogowa salesperson for details. I could email some PFD documents but my connection from this platform is dialup speed. Downloads are available on the web. Try
John

You can try FUJI make controllers, perhaps.

I think the EC321 model controller (which I used several years ago) can do the trick - and I am sure, FUJI will have other eligible single loop controllers too.

Try next SIEMENS SIPART DR 19 or from Honeywell, both campanies have you solution below €500,00.

Best Regards

Paulo Afonso
Integration expert
EINAUS Eng, Lda
Portugal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back