Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sketch in results window

Status
Not open for further replies.

hygear

Mechanical
Apr 15, 2011
US
I am trying to show the results of an FEA with an outline sketch of a machine that I am working on. I also need to take a few measurements from the deformed part back to the sketch to verify that a certain clearance is maintained. Unfortunately I have been unable to find a way to do this. If someone could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

BTW, this is Pro/E Wildfire 2.0.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The best approach for you might be to create some measures ahead of time at the critical locations. You can create some datum points in the simulation model, then create the measures on them and re-run.

Mechanica can show the undeformed model (not sure about WF2), yet you cannot make measurements from the undeformed model back to the original model.

There is one last option that just came to mind. If you really want to see the deformed FEA model on top of the undeformed proE model you could export the FEA results at a scaling factor of 1 to a VRML file. Then you could import the VRML file into proe and take your measurements or slices from there.

Good luck,

Steve

Stephen Seymour, PE
Seymour Engineering & Consulting Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back