Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sketch relationships all red upon creation and cannot edit dimensions 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

chopper75

Aerospace
Sep 27, 2011
CA
I am having a very strange problem with ST3 right now. When creating a sketch in modeling, all my relationships are red upon creation. Also, when I put a dimension, i cannot edit it. I try and highlight the field when the dimension value comes up and the value gets highlighted sparatically and I cannot enter a value.

I've tried simply reboot my machine, no luck.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am also experiencing this very same issue. And its not just dimensions, any dialog box while in part editing (simulation values, etc) seems to do it as well.
Are you experiencing the text in the dialog box being highlighted as you move the mouse?
Does it also highlight and rapidly switch between the command finder and zoom slider as well?
Do you use a nVidia Quadro card? Using latest drivers?
Do you use a 3dconnexion mouse?

Sorry for all the questions, trying to find a pattern.

-Haddon

I found a quick work around, if you edit the part in a window within Solid Edge rather than maximizing the part window it seems to work. Restore all windows works as well, essentially the same thing.

hazza, nice to hear I'm not crazy and someone else has the problem. Although sorry to hear you are having difficulty :-(

I haven't tried much other that the little bit of work in sketch environment. But it behaves as you stated, highlights quickly when I move my cursor but can't actually edit anything. I'm using a new very generic laptop. So no I don't have Nvidia. Graphics card in my machine is rather week for what I'm doing. But I don't suspect a graphics card issues given the red constraints?...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back