Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sketcher_snap_sensitivity setting does not work properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

terlit_injineer

Mechanical
May 8, 2017
US
I am running Creo 3.0 and have ran into a quirk or a bug as far as I can tell. I have the sketch option "Snapping sensitivity" set to very_high in my config file. When I create or edit a sketch, I get no constraint snapping to anything. I can go to options -> Sketcher and I can confirm that the setting is on "Very_High". I can do the same thing in Configuration editor, and I can open my config.pro file in Notepad and see that it is set to very_high as well, but I still get no snapping to anything in my sketches. HOWEVER if I change the setting to "High" and click OK on the sketcher options, I get snapping. I can go back and change it to Very_High and I still retain those snap settings. Then for the remainder of my session until I close and restart Creo I have Very High snapping sensitivity. I can not for the life of me figure out why Creo will not allow the constraints to be recognized until I change the setting? Has anyone noticed this or found a remedy? Does it have to do with the "default_abs_accuracy" or "sketcher_rel_accuracy" settings?
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back