SKF Bearing identification

Status
Not open for further replies.

moiz19670309

Mechanical
Jun 15, 2013
PK
Dear
I have a SKF bearing having this information.
SKF 51134 M/DH
Please explain what DH stands for.
Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Why do you need to know?

It is a capital mistake to theorise before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. (Sherlock Holmes - A Scandal in Bohemia.)

First google search turned up "Dual Housing Washer" However, SKF had no information about Dual Housing on their website. I did find that someone posted a desperate plea to get one back in 2013, which suggests that this bearing may have a very old designation.

Perhaps a photo of what I expect is an existing bearing will help modernize the designation.

Thanks All
Well we have a Chuck Assembly.
When I disassemble it I found this SKF bearing. I noticed that text written on it SKF 51134 M/DH. I searched Google for the full text and was unable to find the meaning of last two alphabet. I downloaded the SKF latest catalogue and search the section showing prefix and suffix, but couldn't find the DH.
I can also share pictures.

A google search brings up this being sold by an SKF dealer:

51134 M/DH
51134 M/DH 51134M/DH THRUST BALL BEARING ; DUAL HOUSING WASHER
Thrust Ball Bearing; 170MM Bore 1; 172MM Bore 2; 215MM Outer Diameter; 34MM Height; Single Direction; Not Banded; Brass Cage; ABEC 1 | ISO P0 Precision

In skf terminology, washers can be inserted between bearing outer ring face and housing for sealing purposes or for spacing purposes.

Perhaps a bearing part number identified as dual housing washer has two such washers included (maybe one for each side)?

SKF has some good technical support, if you have a communication line to them.

Hi all,

From ancient memory, the first digit "5" designates a thrust bearing. The last digit "34" gives the shaft size (5 x the last number = shaft size in mm). However 2 shaft sizes are listed above, 170 and 172mm. This will decide which Thrust face will be mounted on the shaft and the other been the rotating face. In terms of the DH, not come across that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back