Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SLC 5/05 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

macmet

Materials
Jul 18, 2005
CA
Hello everyone.

I'm not overly familiar with PLCs. I know how to read through them and adjust them and do some minor programming, but other than that, I'm new to them.

Anyway, I've been sent to a jobsite, to correct a few mechanical issues and one PLC issue. I've used the ladder logic at this job site - I was actually the first one to upload it - many times without issue, so I know the processor and laptop are compatible.

Most times I travel with a programmer or I have the code to just upload. This time though, I need to get on to the processor, download the current program, and change one line in the code.

My problem is, that I cannot get my laptop to recognize the processor. It keeps looking for the last project I worked on (different site all together) and coming back with a "No response from processor" error.

I've done some searching online, and I'm going to go through this webpage tomorrow:
Just wondering if there is something simple I'm overlooking or if there is a more complicated issue causing this problem. Normally I'd be able to call back to the office, but the only one who would know is away and not available (hence sending a virtually useless programmer to site).

Cheers and thanks for any help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Can you see the SLC in rslinx? Or does it have yellow ? or red X on it?
If you can see it in linx the in rslogix 500 go to comms>>system comms>>who active highlight the SLC and select Online.

I have two things that show up in RSLinx. I'm not sure what either of them are. One says Linx Gateway and the other is AB-ETH-1 Ethernet.

just wanted to say I've figured it out. Thanks for the help.

Sometimes typing it and thinking about what I'm saying helps me out.

Cheers.

Simple. The IP address I had was wrong. I went through the program I had running in Jan and found the IP address. I then used the IP address when configuring a driver in RSLinx. Worked right away.
Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back