Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Slipway system for shipyards

Status
Not open for further replies.

joealbert

Marine/Ocean
Jan 31, 2002
US
I would like to know the preliminary cost for a slipway system for a shipyard for vessels up to 500 tons of capacity and 35 meters of overall length, and 10 berths for repair and construction activities.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

SLIPWAY? Slipped answer!

Dear Joe;
In fact, I am not into this yard business, but I saw that ever since posting your query, NO one has reacted upon this.
Probably because of you using merely the word 'preliminary'
Most likely you have to elaborate far more on what you mean with this word, or "what you have already" on site.
Imagine that the reader does not know in what state of development you are at present (that is around November 2002?).
And for this size of vessels, a slipway can have a variety of designs, put hereto the variety of costs.
Nowadays even synchrolifts are in use for considerable sizes and thus from 'xx' to 'XX' tons.
Is your site still a swamp? Is your side strategically well located (for further infrastructure).
Do you have space enough? A sideway slipyard is in use for example in Germany and Holland in narrow rivers.
(No, not for mini barges only, even for real size coasters!).
Anyhow, try to broaden your description.......or wishes.
Good luck and greetings.
Known100 (Marine Dredging).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back