Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Slope stability with 2 water tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

pelelo

Geotechnical
Aug 10, 2009
DO
Engineers,

I am working on a project in which I need to compute the stability of a earth dam. Current elevation is 6300. The idea is to raise the dam to elev 6335, and then to elev 6365.

At elevation 6335 ft, there will be installed an intermediate HDPE liner, so basically I will have 2 water tables: above and below the liner.

On top of the liner, a drain will be installed in order to deviate the water located above the liner.

I was wondering if anyone has any idea of how to model this on SEEP/W in order to compute water pressures and then use SLOPE W for stability purposes.

The water table path is already stablished or assumed, so I don;t need SEEP W to compute it for me, I need to introduce it by myself or find a similar way of how to do it,

Please let met know,

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I can't seem to understand the reason to provide hdpe liner horizontally? at about mid height of the earth dam. Is this raising works dor an existing dam or constructing a new one?

Multiple piezometric lines can be modelled in slope/w, pretty straight forward. You don't see this use quite often though, maybe in a case where you have had a perched water due to low permeability layer sandwiched in between the more pervious stratum.

This is for raising works.

Can you explain how to draw multiple piezometric lines in slope W, I can only draw 1.

Please let me know,

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back