Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sloped Diaphragm--3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadgerPE

Structural
Jan 27, 2010
US
Hey all,
I have recently begun the task of learning the free demo products that RISA has made available in my "free" time. One disadvantage to this is that I can not use the interface between programs...ie FLOOR to 3-D. What I am wondering is if there is any way to model a sloped flexible diaphragm (wood roof) in 3D without first drawing it in FLOOR? I will admit I haven't studied every inch of the users manual, but I have taken a pretty in depth look into the diapragm section and have not found anything of much help.
Thanks in advance!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

No, RISA-3D only creates sloped "flexible" diaphragms if they are first defined in RISAFloor and then brought into RISA-3D.

If you are doing this sort of thing in RISA-3D, then you have to perform your lateral load attribution by had. Or, you can get creative with your member area loads to see if you can force the load attribution to only the collector members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back