Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Small Civil/Surveying Firm Project Manangement Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmm1080

Civil/Environmental
Nov 11, 2008
GB
I am a graduate engineer with a relatively young civil engineering firm. We do alot of subdivisions, municipal work, land surveying, construction layout, etc. We are trying to get a little more organized rather than just going through our yellow notepads and using Outlook. I'm aware of some of the programs that our developers and contractors use for project management/scheduling, but is there any recommendations on software/programs that ENGINEERS are using to manage their project tasks?

We'd like anyone in our office to be able to access a project and confirm things like, "Yes, the SWPPP has been completed and submitted."... "The ALTA survey due date is xx/xx/xxxx." Getting all this info in one location should also help on milestone completion for invoicing.

Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Any project management/scheduling software works for that. We use different ones depending on the clients requirements. The first and primary package is Microsoft Project and the other is Primavera SureTrak. We mostly use MS Project due to our Corporate licensing but for a small firm SureTrak should be less expensive.

I use Excel. We work in a team of 4 people or less, and don't need anything fancy. We all get together and talk and track milestones once a week. It takes 15 min or less, we update the spreadsheet and carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back