Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

SMATH - Use calculated values below and call it out at the top of the page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pororo

Civil/Environmental
Mar 1, 2018
PH
How do I make a variable "sort of" the default value no matter what position it is in the sheet? I want to use the calculated value at the bottom part of the page and display it at the top of the page.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I want to use the calculated value at the bottom part of the page and display it at the top of the page.
I think the order of execution is top to bottom, so that sounds like a problem (unless you just want to copy the result from the bottom and paste it at the top as text).

How do I make a variable "sort of" the default value no matter what position it is in the sheet?
I don't understand your meaning or the relation to the other question.
I have a feeling you may need to use two different variables for example X and Xdefault, and then use X := Xdefault when you want to apply that default value.

Maybe someone else understands better or has more insight than me...

=====================================
(2B)+(2B)' ?

You are looking for Global Variables.
Sorry, you are out of luck.
Smath has been asked many times for this feature (always by Mathcad users) but has repeated deflected the question. "Math is hard".

BTW,
In my searching for more on this issue, I found this: It's no help for your question, but it's nice to see another primer available to new users.

No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
STF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back