Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMD RF transistor markings (or case style!???) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

videoeng1

Electrical
Nov 15, 2002
US
OK, I've spent hours on the net looking for this one and I'm stumped. I have 2 types of SMD RF transistors, both in identical case styles. The case is about 4mmX4mm square with the leads in a 'plus' pattern with slight indents at the emitter tabs. The collector lead is slightly wider. The markings are W246 and W235.

I know they are UHF med. pwr. output transistors with Vce <~10v, I have seen them before in handhelds, but who makes them!!! They must be pretty common but I can't even find a manufacturer with that type of case. Please someone point me in the right direction! Thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Is the case plastic or ceramic? How old is the product? RF manufacturers frequently discontinue older transistors and data sheets are unavailable online after a year or two.

A quick check of NEC found the following device that meets most of your description, However for this part the marking should be i.e. "AW246" where the 246 would be 46the week of 2002 and it is a MOSFET not a bipolar.

Thanks Comcokid for the response. The case appears to be plastic. The board has a date of 2-2005 so I would think the part is still current. Odd thing is I've seen the same case style in a radio I bought 4 years ago. Anyway I'll check out the link. Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back