Sodium Bisulfate - NaHSO4 Reactor Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

erdyne

Chemical
Nov 30, 2019
TR
Dear Colleagues,

I would like to design a continuous reactor for the production of Sodium Bisulfate melt with immersion burner which will keep the reactor temperature over 240 C, continuously agitated and sulfuric acid (1700 kg/hr 98% conc. 1.8 gr/cm3 density) and sodium chlorine (1000 kg/h) fed and also would like to be adding some bleaching additive to the discharging Sodium Bisulfate melt. I was more specialized in sulfuric and phosphoric acid production, so, could you please advise me a starting point or any useful reference document? Many thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I recommend start with H2SO4 corrosion chart at elevated temperature. What do you consider this vessel&internals will be made of?
Looks like a rocket science.

It looks like we will brick line both acid preheating vessel and reactor.
I need to find out what kind of heat exchanger we need to use for preheating H2SO4 up tp 190 C while cooling the NaHSO4 melt down.

Advice - have a look to materials suitable for such combination of temperature+concentration. It looks like equipment cost will be overpowered. You should doublecheck if NaHSO4 price will justify such high capex.

Update
Beware of engineering this kind of
scale-up-1.png
scale-up.png
scale-up-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back