Software program for AS 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.

PowerRanger

Structural
Jan 17, 2005
AU
Hi Fellows

I am looking for the program to design the cold-formed steel structures according to the AS 4600. I know Sydney U is providing the program ColdSteel/4600. But it only consider one single member, but I want to input the whole Lysaght C & Z sections welded to make a truss and the program do all the analysis for me.
Does anyone have any recommendation. Also, does anyone know any program or speadsheet can instead ColdSteel/4600 (too $).

Thank you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Space Gass version 10 definitely DOES have an AS4600 module (if you elect to purchase it) - it is loaded and functional on my computer right now. I haven't used it much, but it is available as an option, and it does work.

That is cool, Unforturnately I don't have the Space Gass here, I am waiting for the ColdSteel. But GoldSteel only can solve single member, not for whole truss. So I need to use Microstran to find out all the reaction. Does any one know if there is a function in Microstran that I can easily find out which member's tension, compassion, etc is critical? That I can Save the time by checking one by one.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back