Soil model: drucker-prager 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthaivn2019

Structural
Jul 4, 2019
VN

Dear all

I am looking for a model of sandy clay soil that declares the information according to drucker-prager.
Can you introduce similar models.

Many thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You can find the description of this material model in the documentation chapter „Extended Drucker-Prager models” (Materials Guide). Granular-like soils are mentioned there as possible application. There are also some examples in the documentation - especially these two should be interesting for you:
- „Limit load calculations with granular materials”
- „Finite deformation of an elastic-plastic granular material”

Both can be found in the Benchmarks Guide. There are more examples utilizing this model but they feature applications less related to what you want to find.

Typical soil models, are Mohr-Coulomb for Soil (this exists in Abaqus), Drucker Prager for Soil (in Abaqus), Cam-Clay (exists in Abaqus), Duncan-Chang, Linear Elastic (exists of course), and other models that are modification of these and that include also nonlinear elasticity.I would do a search on the soil you have and see which of these models is most commonly used (have in mind that is fairly old/simple models)

Say special software for soil analysis (PLAXIS), have some more advanced/newer models (say Hardening Soil models, which I have heard are useful for modelling London Clay).

Of course if you are doing a proper study/work, then one would need site tests to come up with material parameters (I do not have any experience in that, or doing a lot of soil modelling)

For more complex things like say exponential elasticity (effect of pressure on the drained tangent compression bulk modulus), one can use field variables to define a dependent modulus (and USDFL subroutine) .

This is an example of where the Drucker Prager model is used:
9.1.3. Axisymmetric simulation of an oil well

Hope this helps. - but if you ask geo. engineers that do a bit of modelling, then they will know for the type of soil you have which is the most common model to use.

Also see the forum for geotech. engineers, you might get more help there about solid models since eng. helping here are normally used to mech./struct. applications (e.g., FEAway who helps a lot here, but never done much soil modelling for sure), and not so much geo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back