Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Soil Nail Design Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSRYAN7

Geotechnical
Jul 24, 2020
US
Hey all - I'm looking for some opinions on soil nail design software. I have just transferred to a new office with my current company. In the past I have used Snail by Caltrans to design my soil nail walls. Now, in this new office, they are asking me to use SlopeW to design my soil nail walls which I am not crazy about. After spending some time with the program, I am noticing that SlopeW is being much more aggressive with nail lengths given the same design section in both programs. Does anyone have any idea why that is? I know two different analysis methods are being used but the FS can be significantly different between the programs for the exact same section. Just trying to wrap my head around which program I should really be using.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am very familiar with slopew and it does have reinforcement analysis options but the software still comes down to performing limit equilibrium analysis using the mp or Spencer method. You need to chart the shear strength and slice number and compare your output to traditional soil nail wall software's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back