Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Solenoid piloted diaphragm valves for water handling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kobenhavn

Agricultural
Nov 10, 2011
US
Does anyone know of a site or resource to find experts in the water valve (preferably solenoid piloted diaphragm valves) industry?

I have found lots of valve trade organizations (e.g., Valve Manufacturers Association) but they all seem focused on oil and gas valves.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What's the industrial application of the water valve you are looking for? Or, may you try to do the google search for it?

Maybe, some of the O&G valves may apply to your application with the proper material selection.

No problem!

You will find a multitude of companies world-wide both for smaller and larger valves for industrial and agricultural purposes, and also normally air operated (gate and diaphragm) valves for wastwater and fluids, converted or direct suitable for water operation. Israel is perhaps world-leading in irrigation technologi (search for israel water operated valves).In Europe you have for instance Bürkert for valves, Buschjost for solenoid valves for water with a large number of competitors.

Please specify if you have a direct application, and I might well be able to advice you. (Kobenhavn - Denmark? I am living in Norway!)

Thanks Gerhardl.

My need is for a trade organization or some other way to reach experts in the subject area of "Solenoid piloted diaphragm valves for water". I am not looking for a valve company or a specific valve. We are trying to evaluate a new technology that competes with Solenoid piloted diaphragm valves. If you are that expert, can you tell me if you have worked substantially in irrigation, for example?

We are very familiar with the Israli valve companies, but none of those companies are objective with the technology...they all just want to tell us their valves are the best.

Interesting!

To evaluate a new product or a new technical solution is always complicated, takes time and costs money.

If marketing research is new to you and you do not have much experience in this, you should absolutely seek advice.

It is a bit difficult to answer your question directly, as I do not know your product status at present. What do you expect to get back as answers after your contact?

Market research: Wich market do you go for. How large is this market. Suppliers and producers for this market? Large end users for product tests?

Product status, technically and price. Which products do you compete with? Do your product have advantages over similar products? Price, maintenance, operational cost advantages? Is it unique, protected by patent or other? Has it proved itself under longtime operation?

Please also remember that end users both in agriculture and for industrial purposes are conserative, and do not easily change to new consepts.

Are you sure your product does not have competitors with near or equal technical solutions?

And no, I am not a direct expert on irrigation, which covers a lot of different needs and solutions, where I know some. I have however a fair kbowledge of industrial solutions/diaphragm vales.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back