Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Solid Edge Tutorials Are not Working 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

akhanijow

Automotive
Sep 13, 2010
US
Hi,
Any help with this would be appreciated...I have installed Solid Edge ST2 on windows 7, but none of the tutorials are working properly. The "next" button at the top of the page is completely missing. Anyone have any ideas as to how to fix this issue? Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hey, not sure if this is the problem, and I have Windows XP and ST1 so I could be wrong, but supposedly ST(1,2,3) have problems running on Windows 7. But if the program itself runs fine and the tutorials don't than I am probably wrong.

yeah, the program runs fine, its just the tutorials that are not working right. The next button that is supposed to be at the top of the help box is completely gone...thanks though

I am having the same problem. I am running ST2 on windows 7 x64.

for me at first it wouldn't open anything related with the tutorials. after some searching for files i was able to open up the sample parts. Now the tutorials open up but I am left with your same error, the missing "next" button. I am guessing since my problem progressed to a solution as i re-routed its directories, that ST2 isnt *streamlined* for the windows 7 directories (as they are structured differently than the xp variants...)

I will do some digging to see what I can do to find a solution. just wanted to confirm that the problem is not an isolated incident.

Hi folks,

For the missing Next button, you need to get one of the ST2 maintenance packs (MP1 or later). ST2 was released before Windows 7 and this problem was fixed right after it came out.

ST3 works great with Windows 7 even taking advantage of some new graphics functionality.

Mark

hello

tutorials can be seen by pressing ALT+I tutorial window will expand and you can see all steps which are needed to be done to finish your tutorial .

good day everybody

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back