Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Solid Modeling Output 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fadhil93

Structural
Jul 11, 2016
ID
Hi everyone, I build a abutment and bridge pillar with 3d solid modelling in SAP2000. My problem is, How can I calculate reinforcement from a solid model? what stresses do i need to see and what all equations do i need to apply to get main reinforcement? Please, it's really make me stuck knowing I'm out of reference..

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have not heard before the approach to design reinforcement based on stresses. However, you can obtain integrated shears and moments by using section cuts. That information from section cuts should help you determine required reinforcement.

SAP also offers design of irregular concrete structures, but you need to model with shell elements instead of solids. This concrete design is documented in the SAP Help menu under Technical notes.

Thats why I'm in the stuck on my research,
As you say we can obtain integrated shears and moments by using section cuts. Do you know what section cuts that I have to use?
What is mean S11 S22 S33 anyway?
If I want to obtain the moment, is the formula --> Stress=(M.y/I)<----- am I can use this formula??
Sorry for long questions, I really need help here..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back