SolidEdge 2020 Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

xzarrandiko

Mechanical
Nov 24, 2012
ES
Hi all,
Three years ago I bought a SE license and up to last year I had the maintenance every year. Due I had not any new project with SE I decided do not renew the maintenance so my last operative SE was SE2020 MP4. Recently I achieved a new customer who works with SE ST9 so, due SE don't permit install two differents versions (Ok, I know there is an option but I found it very confuse) I decided to uninstall SE2020 to install SE ST9 (I have USB).
Now my customer decided to renew his software to SE2020 and here my problem. I can not install it because of the license.lic file doesn't work.

I found information about this and I read that the SE 2020 use a different method and now doesn't work the USB, now the license.lic has the information of PC name, composite (I can find it with GETCID) but also with SOLD ID.

My question is, how can I install SE2020 with my license without asking SIEMENS and of course without paying them for something I can do without pay anythiong?

Thank you in advance.

Xabier

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you did have maintenance and received SE 2020, then you were e-mailed a license for it when it was released. If you had it installed and were using it before uninstalling it, then you had the license. Find the e-mail with the license or find it in the storage location you saved it to for safe keeping.

If you cannot find it, call your reseller and ask them to have it resent to you, or you may possible be able to log into Siemens Support and still download the license file yourself.

Have you checked out the Solid Edge Community site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back