Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Solidworks 2006 question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRW

Mechanical
Jun 4, 2002
I occasionally use SWX 2006 and a customer is having trouble with a large file that I sent him. The file on my PC is an assembly of subassemblies that I made a long time ago. The assemblies are saved in three different folders. He wants me to use "pack and go" to make a zip file for him.

What is "pack and go", and is there something similar with a different name in SWX 2006?

Thanks,

Paul

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't know what he is using, but will ask.

Can I use SW Explorer 2013 with SWX 2006?

I tried sending separate zips, but it did not work properly, so he suggested the pack and go. I am trying putting everything in one folder to see if that work.

Paul

Thanks everyone for your help. I moved all the part and assembly files to one folder. I then moved all of the old folders. I opened SWX and the assemblies opened OK so I zipped the entire folder and sent it using hightail.com, formerly yousendit.com

I will know tomorrow if it worked for them.

Again thanks for your input.

Paul

The old method to do "pack and go" was to open the top level assembly then go to file>find references> copy files. This was essentially pack and go with less options. This method still works in newer version, but it takes you to the pack and go window.

-Dustin
Professional Engineer
Pretty good with SolidWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back