Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

solidworks 2009 to 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanny123

Structural
Apr 24, 2010
GB
Is it possible to open a assembly or part in 2009 down to 2005 like you can save to earlier versions on autocad.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Someone needs to make a sticky about this question.

Certified SolidWorks Associate
SW2009 X64 SP 1.0
Dell Precision T5400
Nvidia Quadro FX 5600
Xeon 2.5GHz Quad Core, 4GB RAM
XP Pro X64 SP2.0

I agree with grunt on the sticky thing, but does this site even have that capability?

FAQs are not stickies. The point of a sticky is to make it always the first/second/third thread shown on the site. FAQs require a little bit of digging, while stickies don't. They eliminate the need to constantly post the link to the FAQ.

Almost all forums I frequent have stickies, I'm somewhat surprised this one doesn't.

The stickies stay at the top of the thread list. New threads are right under the last sticky. As far as I know, the moderator is the only one that can make a thread a sticky, simply to keep them limited. You really only want the most commonly posted topics there, like saving to a previous version or anything relating to graphics cards.

I would suggest a brief note on the subject of the forum, a link to any FAQ's that are central to that forum and then policies and guidelines for posting. One sticky only per forum.

-Kirby

Kirby Wilkerson

Remember, first define the problem, then solve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back