Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Solidworks 2010 Export as Tiff with Remove Background

Status
Not open for further replies.

zer0c123

Mechanical
Sep 28, 2006
US
I needed to get a screen shot of my solidworks assembly without the background. I saved the image as a tiff and checked the option to remove the background that will make it transparent. Once I saved the file, I attempted to use Photoshop to insert some other background. However, when I opened the tiff file in Photoshop the whole image was a checkered. The assembly is still there, but it seems everything has become transparent instead of just the background.

I do not understand why the file export from solidworks made the entire image including my assembly transparent. Any input on this matter would be appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I use a white backgrounds for assy's, parts and drawings. This way when I create screen shots, I do not have to worry about changing background colors.

Colin Fitzpatrick (aka Macduff)
Mechanical Designer
Solidworks 2010 SP 5.0
Dell T5500 Windows 7 Pro (64-bit)
Xeon CPU 2.53 GHz 6.00 GB of RAM
nVida Quadro 4000 2 GB
3D Connexion-SpaceExplorer

I deleted the background, because the assembly needs to be overlayed over another background that someone else is mocking up.

I tried using gimp 2.6 and i get the same result, everything is transparent. Looks like I may have to just save it with a background and just delete it in photoshop. I was trying to avoid this method, because of the complexity of the assembly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back