Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

solidworks & ansys cad interface & uninstall problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

njsavage

Structural
Mar 26, 2009
GB
Hi,

I'm using Solidworks CAD software in conjunction with ANSYS v11 SP1. I have been using them for a while now and everythings been great.

Yesterday the interface between the two programs failed and I have been unable to get it back up and running. I have attempted to reinstall ANSYS to repair the CAD geometry interface but had no sucess. I have uninstalled the majority of ANSYS programs with the remote solve being the only remaining piece left to uninstall. I am unable to uninstall this as the control panel wont recognise it as an installed program (see attached image). (not sure what the green lightening bolt means)

I have also tried to uninstall Solidworks to try and get the interface up and running from scratch all over again (basically clean up my computer and reinstall it all). I am unable to uninstall solidworks and recieve the error '1324: the path to solidworks data contains and invalid character'. I have also lost the 'hole wizard' function within soldiworks and this is linked with solidworks data. can anyone help with the uninstall?

pretty messed up at the moment so any help would be much appreciated

thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

When you uninstall ansysworkbench, be sure you delete all windows environnement variables relative to ansysworkbench. I think that the update of them is not automaticly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back