Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Solidworks Animation

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim01018

Industrial
Feb 21, 2005
GB

I use solidworks 2005 and have tried to compile an animation. Using the animation interface of almost drag, drop and move components i have created an animation within the solidworks screen. However when i record the animation into an avi format, components which i have made to become transparent do not become transparent ! Therefore all the internal animation workings are not visible.

Any suggestions as to how to make them become invisible ? I have only put colours onto the components and not materials, does this matter ?

I appreciate any comments

Jim

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Please provide us with your computer and graphics card details. I suspect your video card as the culprit.

"Art without engineering is dreaming; Engineering without art is calculating."

Have you read faq731-376 to make the best use of Eng-Tips Forums?

You may have some options crossed. Are you using PhotoWorks to render your animation? If so, your materials would need to test-render as clear for this to work. If not, make sure you're not using any PhotoWorks materials to get your clear effects. (Gripe about this going on for a long time.)

Jeff Mowry
Reason trumps all. And awe transcends reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back