Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Solidworks Drawing Design Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

mechengr30

Mechanical
Feb 11, 2003
US
Solidworks Users/Experts: (there are two questions listed in this thread)

With the solid model open and the solid drawing open, I select the right side view, then select "insert", and then select "design table" as I should.

Problem: The design table doesn't keep it's properties (height, width, scale, location) once (1) the rebuild icon is selected - it gets significantly larger, and (2) once the drawing is closed and then re-opened.

Question #1:
How do I get the solidworks drawign design table to maintain the properties that I have assigned to it? (size, height, scale)

I have also had difficulty with the design table, once the drawing is closed and then re-opened, the design table has moved from the location I left it.

Question #2:
How do I get the design table in a solidworks drawing to "anchor" itself in one spot?

Any input, suggestions, comments would be very helpful. I am at a loss of how to find a solution to the two questions above.

Thank you!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What version of SW are you using?

In my 2003, the design table in my parts is the same size when I drag the Excel border markers around. I can drag the right side out further, close it, open it again and it is the bigger size.

I can also chnage the row height and column widths, and they keep also.

As for putting a DT in a drawing, I can't do that, as Design Table is grayed out in a drawing.

Perhaps if you right-click the design table, and choose edit in new window it would be different?

-----------
Mr. Pickles

I am using solidworks 2001Plus. All the items you mentioned work for me (chaingin the row height, column height, dragging border around in the solid part file so that the window is only around the design table). The problem I am having is that once the design table is inserted into the solidworks drawing, it doesn't keep the properties that I have given it. If I give it properties (scale for instance), hit the rebuild or save & exit drawing then get back into it, the design table in the drawing re-scales itself to a much larger size. It's not the scale that I assigned to it. Something is making it change itself.

If I can explain further, please let me know. This is a dilemna for me.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back