Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Solidworks Drawings - Dimension Specific Precision Editing

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcornell

Mechanical
Jan 3, 2005
US
I have been given the task to modify existing drawings. In many cases there are a lot of dimensions that are meant to show no decimal places. I need to change just a few dimensions to display out to 1 or 2 decimal places. I can't find a way to change just a couple of dimensions. If I change my setting to show trailing zeros then all the dimension change to whatever the default precision was set to when the drawing was first made. So the I have to go back and edit all the dimension that I don't want to have decimal places shown.

Hope I am making myself clear,
Thanks Dave

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

These drawings were created with the Document properties set to "Smart" see setting deffinitions below:

Trailing Zeros
"Smart" Trailing zeros are trimmed for whole metric values, conforming to ANSI and ISO standards.
"Show" Trailing zeros are displayed according to the decimal places you specify for Units.
"Remove" Trailing zeros do not appear.
"Standard" Leading zeros appear according to the overall drafting standard.

When the document properties are set to "Smart" the Dimension Manager will not alter the decimal places. And if I switch to "Show" all the dimensions will change. Dave

I am using ANSI standard. I amd using SW 2010, SP4.
What Trailing Zero option are you using.
If my Trailing Zero option is set to "Smart" the decimals will not change while using the dimension manager.
If the setting is sety to "Show" then the decimals will change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back