Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Solidworks Moldbase

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvrman

Automotive
Jan 28, 2004
US
I am trying to get feedback from other users who initially purchased the Solidworks Moldbase package that was formerly offered by the Cimlogic Company, who were later acquired by Solidworks?

Solidworks no longer supports this software, even though users who bought the software from Cimlogic were offered free upgrades for life with their purchase. Some of the catalog parts are now available for download through the 3DContent web site, or through Solidworks office using toolbox. However the true beauty of this software was that it could automatically generate an entire mold base from any of the major moldbase manufacturers catalogs, including all of the necessary mates, relations, equations etc (it was a complete dialog box driven package for mold base construction). Effectively saving the users what could potentially be days of work. From what I can see this functionality is now gone forever?

The only notification that I have seen on this decision is by way of a news bulletin on the Solidworks web site and I only found this out because I could not find the package on the 2005 installation CD.

Is there anybody else out there who initially purchased moldbase who shares my concern?

John Cole
Sr Mechanical Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back