Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

solidworks notes with flags...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenkan

Mechanical
Jan 27, 2012
US
I hope this is one of those small things in SW that I’m simply overlooking, but I cannot find a way to remove the excessively huge line gaps in my notes when using flags….

My new company requires flags on notes using the triangle where we put a triangle with number next to or pointing to something in the drawing with a corresponding triangle over the appropriate note number which explains what’s special…

So when I use the feature built into the note tool, it creates excessively large line gaps where the note is lengthy enough. This becomes a problem in busy drawings where space is limited

Is there a way to fix this?

Attached is an example where I drew red arrows pointing to the offending line gaps…

lightweight, cheap, strong... pick 2

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Type your notes without the numbers. Go back and number all of them with the numbering bullets. Return to the flagged number, double click the number and use a border. The flags, I think, are actually text and therefore don't play well with the number bullets. You may have to adjust your indents on the non-numbered notes. Sylvia

Thanks for the tips, yes this is very picky but I try to fit the biggest views on the smallest sheets so it doesn’t help when the notes take up unneeded space. Yes, I can manually edit the notes, but I figure it must be faster to do properly whatever that is…. It looks like another one of the bugs in solidquirks that gets left behind.

Felix7502, your tip actually works and will probably be the best solution.

lightweight, cheap, strong... pick 2

Here are the Tags that describe the lines:
<PARA bordertype=2>
<PARA findent=0 number=off bordertype=0>
<PARA findent=-10 number=on ntype=1 nformat=$$. nstartNum=0>

bordertype=2 creates triangle
findent=0 adjust to your note indent

My bullets show -10, 10,10. I would adjust my findent to 5.

The 3rd line turns the bullets back on.
Perhaps you can use this info to create a macro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back