Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Solidworks Personal Edition 2005 Tutorial drawings are missing 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDesg

Mechanical
Sep 24, 2005
US
I recently acquired Solidworks Personal Edition 2005. I downloaded the file "PersonalEdition2004samplefiles.zip" from a Solidworks website in order to access the drawings required to complete the first 7 of the 30 included tutorials. When I reached the 8th tutorial titled: "Advanced Drawings, Creating Drawing Views" it asks me to open the file: \tutorial\advdrawings\FoodProcessor.slddrw . While unzipping the above referenced zip file created the directory "advdrawings", there were only 7 files in it and none of them are of this food processor. Does anyone know where I can download this? Thank You.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The first place to try would be the VAR you bought the personal edition from.

[cheers]
Helpful SW websites every user should be aware of faq559-520
How to get answers to your SW questions faq559-1091

Thank you CorBlimeyLimey for your valuable links. I have contacted the VAR about this problem but have not yet received a response.

Wow ... I had totally forgotten the PE was free. Thanks for the reminder Scott.

The URL for the FAQ section is
It does mention that "Fee-based support may also be available from your authorized SolidWorks reseller." So give your local VAR a call to see if they will help ... they just might, if they think you are a potential customer. You have nothing to lose by asking.

[cheers]

Usally the AE will help out in that area and not Technical support. I should know... at least through us any PE editions I am not to support. I am to send them to the 3D skills program, otherwise the AE takes over control of the situation and usaully they are already aware of it and they handel it without me even knowing about it. That is probably because they know who is and who isn't a potential customer.

Best Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
faq731-376

OK ... showing my ignorance now ... What's an AE?

[cheers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back