Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Solidworks registry setting 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesfd

Mechanical
Mar 30, 2005
US
An odd question... what location is the registry setting that controls the default size of the explorer window that opens when an "open file" command is sent. A.R. I know, but I want to see more files when the window opens and not have to drag the box to a larger size.

JD

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Typical to windows, every program sets up its own registry location. SW has what appears to be thousands. A SW programing geek would know what general location to look for this entry. I am an avid SW user and have spent too much time searching for it so I'm sending out a call for help. I will post to a windows forum as well but unless they have SW, which is somewhat doubtfull, they will probably be of no help.

JD

Chris ... he means the selection window which SW opens when File > Open is used.

I don't know the answer, but (if you have SW05 or later) you could use the File Explorer icon on the RH side of the screen to get a full height window.

[cheers]
Helpful SW websites FAQ559-520
How to get answers to your SW questions FAQ559-1091

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back