Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Solidworks Simulations Bearing Load error

Status
Not open for further replies.

pllmoreau

Feb 14, 2017
CA
Hello,

I am trying to put a bearing load in a hole of my part for a static simulation and I have followed the steps creating a coordinate system with the z axis coaxial with the hole axis but instead of the x or y axis being the default orientation I use one of the lines from a sketch I made to orient the force at a certain angle. However every time I try to apply the bearing force it retarns the 'Bearing load requires the selection of a coordinate system and set of cylindrical faces of the same radii and the z-axis of the coordinate system must be coincident with the axis of the cylindrical faces'.

I respect these conditions so I don't know what the problem is. When I use the default x and y axis for the coordinate system the bearing load works so I thought the problem would be in my sketch but the line I give it for the x-axis is perpendicular to the z-axis so there should be no error there...

Thank you in advance!!
Capture_yn5w44.jpg

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It is in the center of the hole because if I don't ask the y axis to be oriented on my sketch line the function works fine. I also checked if my sketch line was in the plane perpendicular to my hole axis and everything is fine. I have tried on other holes with other sketches to test it out and always the same outcome: when I leave the y axis orientation by default it works, when I orient it with a sketch line the error pops up.

By the center of the hole, I meant the geometric center of the cylindrical surface. Like this:

bearing_load_tvbdrq.jpg

So the origin should be on the midplane between the front and back face, not on the plane of the front face. Give it a try, there should be no error then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back