Solution needed for sieving of small but long plastic material

Status
Not open for further replies.

01Mercy

Materials
Apr 4, 2012
NL
Hello,

I'm in search of a solution for a sieving problem I have.
In our process we sieve our material to be <12mm after grinding.
The material is a plastic bottle (with cap).

The as we all know just under the cap of a plastic bottle is a strip to secure the cap when the bottle is not used yet.
The problem lies with these strips. When they go to our grinding process they will pass a 12mm sieve because they are very small, eventhough they are longer than 12mm.

This is a problem for our customer because they need material to be <12mm but we can't sieve those strip pieces in a good way.
I figure this is a problem which probably isn't experienced only in our process but in other processes also where they try to sieve and have problems with long small materials.

Does anyone know of a solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yes that is used allso but after the grinding. PET and HDPE are grinded together. We need a way to sieve off everything smaller than 12,5mm (those long pieces not included) before it goes in the floatation tanks.

Try Googling matchstick sifters. They have a corrugated screen with slots in the bottom, the match sticks orient one way on the screen, the slots remove the short sticks. A different set of slots remove the long sticks.
B.E.

You are judged not by what you know, but by what you can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back