Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Solution tolerance, not convergin when solution already reached.

Status
Not open for further replies.

n3l3

Mechanical
Dec 28, 2010
ES
Hi all,

I have an abaqus standard static, shell geometrically non linear model ( a foundation + ballast).
the issue I am confronting is that abaqus does the necessary iterations and it almost reaches the 1.0 time step, so in the last increments I can see that the solution is almost the same betwen them, and if it reached time 1.0 the solution would be more or less the same that in previous incremnents. The problem is that abaqus does not finish the analysis. I wouldnt say it does not converge, since the results I can see that the calculated increments tend to a logical and equal solution. It converges but it seems is thisconvergence does not reach an end.

The problem is that after that this I would like it to solve several more steps, so I can not just take the results of the lasts calculated increments and do my stuff. I would like it to realize that it has already reached the aproximate solution and then execute next step.

Any Idea?

thnaks n3l3

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back