Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

SOLVED, NX2206: where's a simple FEA simulation ? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbineer

Mechanical
Feb 20, 2007
US
Update: it turns out FEA Simulation was hidden because I was running a local installation of NX with fewer components. Our corporate Network installation of NX has FEA.

1 - I can customize the applications group and turn off many things, but I don't see how to turn on Simulation.
2 - The Design ribbon seems to be all for Additive (and is named appropriately
3 - I can customize the analysis group, but I don't see FEA there, either.

Pretty amazing that it would be this hard to find.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=9f5c0755-75b9-4a60-a32e-04005306baf6&file=customize-applications.png
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I use a pretty much out-of-the-box (OOTB) install of 2206, and the Pre/Post application will get you to the full-blown FEA tools (assuming you have a license).
NX_2206_FEA_xl6s2h.png

www.nxjournaling.com

@cowski, thank you - those are the icons I'm looking for, but I couldn't see anything like them before I started turning groups on the Applications ribbon off and on. I still don't see them, even after turning everything (ship design, Route, Mold and Die etc.) back on.

I'll confirm that our company didn't change the license bundling in a recent upgrade.

Did you make the mistake of trying to use a role from a older NX version in a newer NX version ?
That is a proven way to fail... I have seen extremely strange "problems" when users tried that.
There is no Assembly navigator in your pictures.

Shut down NX, remove or rename temporarily the :
c:\users\Your-username\appdata\local\siemens\NX-version\user.mtx
then start NX again anc check if that / those missing commands are there.
The user.mtx is where your user interface changes are stored.

Regards
Tomas

The more you know about a subject, the more you know how little you know about that subject.

Update: it turns out FEA Simulation was hidden because I was running a local installation of NX with fewer components. Our corporate Network installation of NX has FEA. I've also been given the opportunity to submit a ticket to get my local installation updated with the capability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back