Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Solving of big models in FloWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtemTat

Mechanical
Jan 4, 2008
AU
Hi everyone,

I have one problem. I need to calculate transient process in a pipe of 1000m along. But I've ran into a few problems:

First of all the SolidWorks forbid the creation of bodies such long. But I've avoided this problem using shorter parts in assembly.

But the FloWorks fails the calculation and shuts down the applications.

May be someone can help me...

Thanks in advance

P.S. Sorry for bad English, I'm not from english speaking country.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks for answer.

I've tried to make this model in x64 version of SolidWorks, but it's still a ban to create the feature along more than 500m.

Unfortunaly I haven't a ability to use the FloWorks x64.

Also I've tried to split the pipe to some parts (along less than 500m). And solve them separately by the next way: firstly solve first part. After get it outlet parameters in every time moments and make them the inlet parametres of next part of pipe and so on. But I'm not sure that this way is correct.

Thanks,
Artem

Very innovative!
Thats how you should work with sw-fw by my idea.
great job.

You can test your theory bij scaling down the preject so you can run long lengths of pipe.
After that, split them up and apply your way:
"And solve them separately by the next way: firstly solve first part. After get it outlet parameters in every time moments and make them the inlet parametres of next part of pipe and so on."
When both results match, your theory is true.
When not, try to estimate the deviation and research if you can tweak your settings until you have desired result.

thats what I would do :)
good luck

ZillionM

Thanks for help!

I decide to listen to your advice and if it's not critical deviation I will use this method. In any case I think it's no another way to solve this problem (at least in the exist versions of FloWorks).

Thanks,
Artem

if it was me, I would be tempted you analyse seperate sections using a transferred boundary conditions method. its similar to splitting up the model, but will give more consistancy in what you are doing...

Can I transfer all the results for each moments of time (I use time-dependent problem). Have I to select the project file instead .fld?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back