Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Something about interior designing 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ripple

Civil/Environmental
Mar 9, 2003
PH
Hi,

I am currently in need of some information on the standards for interior(bedroom, kitchen, etc.) designing. Does anybody here know of some standards?. Or maybe a link to where I can find the free info. Please...

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you're in the USA, visit your local Home Depot. They have lots of information sheets with dimensions and such regarding all sorts of interior items. Also, check their website ( as they have links to, for example, cabinet manufacturers like Cambridge. You should do some web seraches for what you're lookinf for (e.g., shelving, cabinets, etc.) and you'll find that a lot of manufacturers make products with generally the same dimensions. Further, see if you can locate old Architectural Graphics Standards books. I discovered that my apartment matched what was in the 1941 edition.

depends on what you are looking for

try the uniform building code (or the locally required building code) for technical design info such as structural, electrical, plumbing etc.

try Architectural Graphic Standards for space planning, design ideas etc. which are more architectural in nature

call your city hall and talk to the building inspector. you will need permits and they must approve your construction. they can point you in the right direction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back