Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Source Recommendation for Mass Timber and Mass Timber Detailing 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

otto_eng

Civil/Environmental
Jun 27, 2017
DE
Hi Folks,

I would like to hear back from those who have good sources for practical mass timber design (Glulam,CLT, Concrete & Timber Composite Slab etc. ) and detailing ( including firecases etc.- comprehensive ) ?

Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Here are a few based on quickly looking through my library/files:
[ol ]
[li]Design of Wood Structures - Breyer[/li]
[li]Timber Construction Manual - AITC[/li]
[li]AITC-104-2003 - Glulam Construction Details[/li]
[li]APA - Glulam Connection Details[/li]
[li]AWC-WCD5-Heavy Timber Construction[/li]
[li]Civil Engineering Practices - Wood-Concrete Composites: A Structurally Efficient Material Option[/li]
[/ol]

I believe Woodworks (the wood industry organization not the software company) also has some useful literature concerning CLT.

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe you're in Denmark? Therefore I can't be much help in terms of Eurocode references.

That being said, the Canadian standard CSA O86 has information regarding fire resistance etc.

Good resources I've found are Structurlam and Nordic. They have information on their webpages regarding the testing they've completed on their own products.

One of the main connector suppliers for heavy timber applications is MTC Solutions. They have design information geared directly towards heavy timber construction of connections.

Assuming you're in Denmark, some of the Eurocode timber design references in my files;

-Structural Timber Design to Eurocode 5 ( By ; Jack Porteous, Abdy Kermani )
- Manual for the design of timber building structures to Eurocode 5 ( By; Timber Research and Development Association, Institution of Structural Engineers )
- Practical Design of Timber Structures to Eurocode 5 ( By : H.J. Larsen, V. Enjily )

If you know GERMAN , some more reference books ;

- Holzbau-Taschenbuch Bemessungsbeispiele Nach Eurocode 5 ( By: Claus Scheer )
- Ingenieurholzbau nach Eurocode 5 Konstruktion, Berechnung, Ausfuhrung (By: Klausjürgen Becker, Karl Rautenstrauch )
- Holzbau 2 Dach- und Hallentragwerke nach DIN 1052 neu 2008 und Eurocode 5 ( By :Gerhard Werner, Karlheinz Zimmer, Karin Lißner )

Use it up, wear it out;
Make it do, or do without.

NEW ENGLAND MAXIM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back