Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sourcing Mechanics book

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryex

Mechanical
Jun 24, 2001
GB
Hello,

I'm trying to find an excellent mechanics book covering pulleys,gears,rack,links,wedges,and lever examples ideally with questions and answers. I would be very grateful for any recommendations, as I need to prepare for a written test at cummins engines

Thanks in advance

Benny

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Do you need design information, or maintenance & repair?

If it's maintenance & repair, IPT publishes a series of toolbox sized handbooks that are excellent. There's not much design info, but for anyone involved with many aspects of construction and maintenance, they are very useful, especially at under $20 each. For about $10 more, you can get the larger, coil-bound instructor's version, complete with questions and answers.

Probably the most applicable for your case would be "Rotating Equipment" and "Industrial Trades" which cover bearings, vibration, chain & belt drives, lubrication, gears, alignment, etc. The other good one might be "Industrial Fasteners", which covers torque specs, gaskets, 'o' rings, etc.

There are currently 10 books. I initially bought "Pipe Trades" and "Metal Trades". I was impressed enough that I ordered the rest of the set. If anyone is considering a training program for their crew and/or apprentices, this is likely the best material I've seen for that purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back